Conditions of Participation
500 years ago Leonardo da Vinci died on 2 May 1519. Leonardo was an Italian Renaissance polymath whose areas of interest included invention, painting, sculpting, architecture, science, music, mathematics, engineering, literature, anatomy, geology, astronomy, botany, writing, history, and cartography. It is with this exceptional talent in mind that an assignment will be given to the contestants of the Weltenbauer.Youngsters.Award 2019.
Prizes will be awarded for individual or team works on the subject of ‘Leonardo da Vinci, for example:
• Stage design
• Theatre stage
• Decoration (including partial decoration)
• Set design
• Lighting concepts
• Audio installations
Participants are invited to submit finished works or draft designs on this subject, for instance models or drawings, or finished works such as paintings, sculptures, costumes, short films etc.
Trainees, students (ranging from schools to vocational and higher education) from any country specialising in the theatre, films and event technology.
Call for papers
Entries must be submitted via internet no later than 28 Feb. 2019 to the website at www.weltenbauer.global, which also provides detailed technical information. Participants may also upload a video clip introducing themselves.
A panel will select the 10 best works and will decide on the contestants to receive first and second prize. A ‘People’s choice award’ will also be presented for the third-placed entry.
- The panel will award prize money amounting to EUR 1,000.00, provided by Messe Berlin, to each of the two contestants who enter the two best works. A ‘People’s choice award’ will also be presented.
- Special prize of the company A. Haussmann GmbH: A stay in a hotel with a visit to a musical in Hamburg worth EUR 500.00 €
- Special prize of the Bühnentechnische Rundschau: EUR 1000.00 €
- The awards ceremony will take place on Tuesday, 18 June 2019 at Stage|Set|Scenery – the International Trade Show and Conference for Theatre, Film and Event Technology. The event will be held in Hall 22 /Safety in Action Stage and will begin at 6.30 p.m.
- The 10 best works selected will be exhibited on a special display in Hall 22 at Stage|Set|Scenery 2019. Pedestals and walls/panels can be installed upon request. Participants shall be responsible for transport costs and the construction/dismantling of their works.
- On Wednesday, 19 June 2019 at the Anatomical Theatre the individuals and teams who have helped to create the 10 best works will be given the opportunity to hold a 30-minute paper in order to present them. DTHG will reimburse travel expenses up to a limit of EUR 300.00 and will pay for 2 overnights for 2 persons in a hotel in Berlin.